Gear up for a weekend-long S.B. tradition at a pre-Parade kick-off festival filled with live music and summer fun.
When: Friday, June 25, 2010, 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: Alameda Park, 1400 Santa Barbara St., Santa Barbara
Age limit: All ages
Just a few of the great local acts performing at today's festival:
--David Starkey, S.B. Poet Laureate
--The Sally Cats
--Panzumo Drum and Dance Ensemble
--S.B. Ring Shout Project
Other Festival Highlights:
• Mouthwatering foods and thirst quenching beverages from local restaurants.
• Arts and crafts boutique with more than 75 vendors.
• A large “drum circle” formed by parade participants and anyone who cares to join in the beat on Saturday only.
• The wonderful floats from the parade parked along Micheltorena Street for close-up inspection on Saturday only until approximately 4:30 pm
• Beer and Wine Garden Friday 4-8 pm, Saturday noon to 7 pm
Event posted June 25, 2010
Last updated June 25, 2010