- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Foodbank of S.B. County, 4554 Hollister Ave.
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio, 316 E. Matilija St., Ojai
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., 30 W. Mission St. #7 (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Speakers will lecture and discuss topics in the music and tech industries.
10 a.m., The Savoy ($25 - $55)
S.B. Children’s Theater performs a new interpretation of a classic fairy tale created to educate, challenge, and inspire young people.
10:30 a.m., Multiple S.B. County Public Library locations (Free)
Celebrate the opening of a new roundabout project in Goleta.
11 a.m., Intersection of Los Carneros and Calle Real, Goleta
Impulse Advanced Communications president provides an in-depth look at the evolution of Internet access technologies, including an overview from ARPANET through the dotcom bubble and into "The Cloud" at a The Science and Engineering Council luncheon.
Noon to 1:30 p.m., Elephant Bar ($15 - $25)
Refresher class for participants who have taken the 8-hour class in the last 3 or 4 years. Must preregister.
Noon to 4:30 p.m., Anderson Recreation Ctr. ($12 - $14)
CEO of Sudiksha Knowledge Solutions discusses the vision, impact, and direction of his India-based chain of high quality, affordable preschools.
3 p.m. to 4 p.m., Eleos Foundation
Opening reception for an exhibit featuring a collection of paintings by area artist Peggy Brierton.
5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Los Olivos Café, 2870 Grand Ave., Los Olivos
Santa Barbara's Jewish Federation will remember the historical night with Let There Be Light And Hope.
5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Bronfman Family Jewish Community Center (Free)
Grand opening will benefit rural Kenyan clinic.
6 p.m. to 9 p.m., 1046 Coast Village Road, Suite J, Montecito, CA 93108 (Free)
Presenter will discuss job-searching techniques for technical communicators.
6 p.m., Santa Rosa Conference Room, 7402 Hollister Ave., Goleta, or on your computer (Free - $10)
Learn how to work together in a mutually beneficial way.
6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mahakankala Buddhist Ctr. ($10)
A 1989 Academy Award-winning film tells the story of an English teacher who inspires his students through poetry to seize the day and follow their own life path. Followed by a Q&A session with the screenwriter, Tom Schulman.
7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Pollock Theater ($5)
Performance by folk-pop singer/songwriter, with Leftover Cuties and Little Indian.
7 p.m., SOhO ($16 - $18)
Emmy Award-winner Mark Stouffer will speak. Presented by Screenwriters Assn. of S.B.
7 p.m., Brooks Institute (Free)
Dance will include lessons in line dancing and a variety of modern styles.
7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., 6396 Hollister Avenue, Goleta ($10 - $15)
Connect with other readers every 2nd and 4th Thursday.
7:30 p.m., Montecito Branch Library (Free)
Performed entirely in Spanish with English supertitles, this play tells the story of two political prisoners, oppressed by physical and emotional abuse, who find solace in meeting every Sunday at dusk to tell stories.
8 p.m., Rubicon Theatre ($10 - $54)
With the Mutineers and American Dirt. Part of the New Noise Digital Music Conference and Festival.
8 p.m., Whiskey Richard's ($5)
Enjoy a selection of fantastic short films reflecting the diversity of the LGBTQ experience, plus a sneak preview of festival features. Followed by a dessert reception.
8 p.m. to 10 p.m., MultiCultural Ctr. (Free)
Punk-rock icons will play live for New Noise.
8 p.m., Muddy Waters Café ($7)
Featuring performances by Dante Elephante, Saint Anne's Place, Freakin' on Speakers, Naked Walrus, and Beware of Darkness.
8:30 p.m., Velvet Jones (Free - $5)