- 7 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., 1213 State Street, Suite L ($13)
- 10 a.m. to noon, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 909 La Cumbre Rd. (Free)
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Schott Ctr. (Free)
- 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Alice Keck Park Memorial Gardens (small turtle island), 200 block of E. Arrellaga St. (Free)
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., Vets Building, 122 W. Cabrillo Blvd.
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Solvang Alano Club, 320 Alisal Road (Free)
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Cafe Noir, 1555 S. Broadway, Santa Maria
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free - $12)
- 6:30 p.m., Meet at Old Mission Santa Barbara, 2201 Laguna St.
- 7 p.m., Hollister Professional Bldg., 5276 Hollister Ave., Ste. 304
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Call for location.
- 7:30 p.m., Jefferson Hall, 1525 Santa Barbara St. ($7)
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Entrepreneur Paul Weiss leads this one-hour business seminar on how to turn ideas into viable businesses.
8 a.m. to 9 a.m., Chamber of Commerce, 924 Anacapa Street (Free)
Artist and author Chris Messner signs copies of his book at this artist reception.
4 p.m. to 7 p.m., UCSB Faculty Club (Free)
Local chefs pair fresh ingredients with wines, cheeses, and treats. All proceeds benefit the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County Kid’s Farmer’s Market Program.
5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Inn of the Spanish Gardens ($65)
Inaugural meeting of a group dedicated to offering information, guidance, and support to those navigating gluten-free lifestyles.
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., S.B. Cottage Hospital (Free)
Learn Michael Jackson's infamous group dance to be performed on the Saturday before Halloween at the same moment as thousands of others around the world.
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Alameda Park
Watch the debate on a huge screen, order pizza or pasta, and discuss the results with neighbors, family, and friends at an American Assn. of University Women meeting.
5:30 p.m., Petrini's Family Restaurant
Suzanne Landry will share cooking and preparation styles of vegetables beyond the ordinary steaming and boiling, and sign copies of her book The Passionate Vegetable. RSVP.
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Whole Foods Market
Learn how to improve digestion and eliminate gas, bloating, acid reflex, IBS and more.
7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Holistic Health Ctr. of S.B., 411 E. Canon Perdido St., Ste. 16 ($15)
Slideshow of images taken from San Rafael and Dick Smith Wildernesses, plus a Q&A session about area trails.
7 p.m., Karpeles Manuscript Library (Free)