- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., 316-A State St.-The Adderly School ($18 - $20)
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sino West, 5718 Hollister Ave. Ste 105, Goleta ($7 - $10)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Kids can discover their engineering talents in this hands-on parent-child class.
10:15 a.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History ($75 - $95)
Experience living history vignettes and see the Presidio as you might have over two centuries ago.
5 p.m. to 8 p.m., El Presidio de Santa Bárbara State Historic Park (Free)
A juried show with printmakers who are dedicated to promoting and producing work that uses hand and press printing techniques for the purposes of artistic exploration and expression. A portion of art sales benefits the programs of the JCC.
5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Bronfman Family Jewish Community Center (Free)
New exhibit will showcase the best of the AIA's yearly competition.
5 p.m., Channing Peake Gallery (Free)
Build a collection of hollow and solid hanging iconic or personal symbols from modeling compound, wire, foil, and filament, then finish with layers of metallic acrylic paint inspired by Martin Kersels’ “Charm” series.
5:30 p.m., S.B. Museum of Art (Free)
Celebrate local artisans at this marketplace.
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Carr Winery (Free)
This talk will focus on the future of interfaith engagement by making the case that interfaith is no longer a luxury but a necessity.
6 p.m., MultiCultural Ctr. (Free)
Dr Aaron Stauber presents "Migraines: Unlocking the Cranial Vault."
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Alchemy Arts Café ($25)
The Santa Barbara Fertility Center will be providing answers and advice for frequently asked pre-conception questions.
6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Peanuts Maternity & Kids Boutique (Free)
The opening reception for a month-long exhibition of abstract art, featuring new works by Michael Fish Fisher.
7 p.m. to 10 p.m., DNA Gallery (Free)
Norwegian film is part of the "For Your Consideration" film series, featuring all five of the 2013 Oscar-nominated Foreign Language feature films throughout the month.
7 p.m., Pollock Theater ($5 - $10)
Dharma Teacher Dawa Tarchin Phillips will present "Taking Refuge and the Natural Development of Enlightened Mind."
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., 30 W Mission St #7 (Free)
Zackary Drucker will weave autobiographical text and live narration with photographs to present an unfiltered commentary on the life of the Intersex pioneer.
7 p.m., S.B. Contemporary Arts Forum (Free)
Rubicon Theatre Company presents a culinary comedy fest featuring five appetizing actors.
8 p.m., Rubicon Theatre ($35 - $49)
Jon Nathan directs an all Steve Reich program, including Clapping Music, Music for Pieces of Wood, Six Marimbas, and Mallet Quartet.
8 p.m., UCSB ($7 - $15)
Veteran folk singer will perform new songs and old hits from her 40 years in the business.
8 p.m., SOhO ($18)
Experience the globally-famous supersound of Styx on stage.
8 p.m., Chumash Casino Resort ($35 - $75)
Ensemble Theatre Company presents a hilarious adaptation of the 17th century tale of love and deceit.
8 p.m., Alhecama Theatre ($20 - $60)
Christopher Thomas and Batarang Gang present a night of DJs and decadence.
9 p.m., Velvet Jones ($15)
KCSB-FM & AS Program Board Present electro-rockers Poolside, backed up by local talent Dante Elephante.
9:15 p.m., UCSB's UCen (Free)