- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., 316-A State St.-The Adderly School ($18 - $20)
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio, 316 E. Matilija St., Ojai
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Kids can discover their engineering talents in this hands-on parent-child class.
10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History ($75 - $95)
Martha Bragin will draw on psychoanalysis, literature and history in this lecture.
4 p.m., McCune Conference Room
Find out what the urban forest is, how it affects our community, and how to get involved in preserving and enhancing this community resource.
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Faulkner Gallery (Free)
Make something that will last a lifetime in these one-day crafting lessons.
6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Make Smith Leather Co. 117 W. De la Guerra St. Suite C ($75)
Anne Van der Water discusses vibrational transformation.
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Alchemy Arts Café ($25)
Filmmaker Dr. Kum-Kum Bhavani will lead a discussion after the screening.
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Antioch University (Free)
Dance will include lessons in line dancing and a variety of modern styles.
7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., 6396 Hollister Avenue, Goleta ($10 - $15)
An introduction to Buddhism and authentic spiritual practice with Dharma Teacher Dawa Tarchin Phillips. Donation requested.
7 p.m., Bodhi Path Buddhist Ctr. (Free)
Learn how you can participate as a volunteer observer in this survey.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History (Free)
Connect with other readers every 2nd and 4th Thursday.
7:30 p.m., Montecito Branch Library (Free)
The UCSB MultiCultural Center is back in town with an evening of energizing grooves by DJ Tempest and an amazing performance by highly awarded spoken word/slam poet Javon Johnson.
7:30 p.m., Reds Tapas & Wine Bar (Free)
Lisa Citore presents a smart and sexy stand-up comedy show.
7:30 p.m., Center Stage Theater ($20)
Featuring the Saltwater Cowboys, Dr Surf Band, Ashley Lloyd & Seth, plus behind the scenes screenings.
8 p.m., SOhO ($10)
Santa Ynez alt-country and Tennessee-based rockers will perform.
9 p.m., Velvet Jones ($10)