- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., 316-A State St.-The Adderly School ($18 - $20)
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Kids can discover their engineering talents in this hands-on parent-child class.
10:15 a.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History ($75 - $95)
Lady Leslie Ridley-Tree's collection of the famous landscape painter's work will be on display; a reception will feature live music.
4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Westmont Ridley-Tree Museum of Art (Free)
Professional actors reading scenes from ancient Greek drama about soldiers returning from war. Following the reading, a panel of veterans and community members will offer their personal responses to the play.
4 p.m., Hatlen Theater
Celebrate new offices and 105 years of service to Santa Barbara with a ceremonial ribbon-cutting, tours of the offices, and refreshments and appetizers.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care (Free)
Dr. Lori Carellino presents "Why Mercury Must Go!"
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Alchemy Arts Café ($25)
Eco-artist Dove Joans presents new paintings, marine conservation videos, recycled mixed media, and photography inspired from adventures in Australia & New Zealand!
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Reds Tapas & Wine Bar (Free)
A conversation with artist Aaron Carey.
6:30 p.m., MultiCultural Ctr. (Free)
Elements Theatre Collective presents Liz Duffy Adams' Restoration Period farce.
6:30 p.m., Friendship Manor (Free)
Renowned photographer Paul Bannick will acquaint audiences with birds.
7 p.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History ($8 - $10)
Dance will include lessons in line dancing and a variety of modern styles.
7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., 6396 Hollister Avenue, Goleta ($10 - $15)
An introduction to Buddhism and authentic spiritual practice with Dharma Teacher Dawa Tarchin Phillips. Donation requested.
7 p.m., Bodhi Path Buddhist Ctr. (Free)
Amy Adams will receive the film festival's award for her performance in The Master.
8 p.m., Arlington Theatre ($35)
Rubicon Theatre Company presents a culinary comedy fest featuring five appetizing actors.
8 p.m., Rubicon Theatre ($35 - $49)
Country superstar will perform hits like "Lookin' for Love" and "One in a Million."
8 p.m., Chumash Casino Resort ($25 - $35)
Roller Derby team will show Ellen Page's hard-skating film and answer questions about the sport.
8 p.m., Velvet Jones (Free)
DJ Darla Bea spins 80s tunes. Presented by the Mercury Lounge.
9 p.m., Mercury Lounge (Free)
Left-coast eclectic rockers and Northern California's high-energy Americana styles will come together onstage.
9 p.m., SOhO ($12 - $15)