Good Bug/Bad Bug-Who's in YOUR Garden?
Come learn more about your garden in this free workshop.
When: Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: SBCC, 721 Cliff Dr., Santa Barbara
Age limit: All ages
The University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Master Gardeners of Santa Barbara County announced that the organization, in cooperation with Rincon-Vitova Insectaries of Ventura, CA, will present a free one hour public workshop, “Good Bug/Bad Bug-Who’s in YOUR Garden?” on Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 10 AM. The workshop, to be held at Santa Barbara City College, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA, Room EBS #102, will be presented by Master Gardener Bob Lloyd and Kyra L. Rude of Rincon-Vitova Insectaries.
During the event, the speakers will provide information on the following topics:
1. Insects and their importance to the Soil-Food Web
2. Insect Pests and Beneficial Insects
3. Biological Control: What is it? How does it work?
4. Preventing and Identifying Insect Pests
5. Attracting and Keeping Beneficial Insects in Your Garden
Following the presentation, there will be a brief question and answer period.
Event posted Aug. 26, 2013
Last updated Aug. 26, 2013