by Christian Garvin
As the cold clings to our coast a little longer, satisfy your need for the kind of stuff that sticks to your ribs.
• Tupelo Junction: Fried chicken salad is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Add a few homemade biscuits and a Dixie Voodoo Ale to wash it down. 1218 State St.
• Piatti: Why the best meatloaf in town is at an Italian joint no one knows, but the three meats — veal, pork, and beef — might have something to do with it. 516 San Ysidro Rd.
• Spiritland Bistro: You don’t have to be a native of the island to find the Madagascar Vegetable Soup comforting and filling on a cold night. 230 E. Victoria St.
• Shalhoob’s: Beef dip so big the dip should come in a five-gallon bucket. 632 Santa Barbara St.
• Joe’s Café: The club sandwich has cured hangovers, marital woes, and business disputes. 536 State St.