Okay, animation fans, we know you’re all anxious to see The Animation Show when it comes to Santa Barbara’s Arlington Theatre next Tuesday, January 16. But you spent all your extra dough on comic books and the newest Don Hertzfeldt compliation DVD. No worries, though, because The Indy has some free tickets to offer you. But you gotta jump through some hoops, so here’s the drill.
Answer the following questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 10 people to respond to the questions with at least five answers correct will get a free ticket to the screening.
For more on the screening, go to the article that ran in the printed edition of The Indy by clicking here.
Here’s the quiz:
1) Mike Judge‘s animated short films “Office Space” first aired on what sketch comedy show? 2) Bill Plympton completed a music video for which rap artist in 2006. 3) “Guide Dog” is the sequel to what Oscar-nominated short film?
4) Animator Bill Plympton has been nominated twice for an Academy Award. What is the name of the first short film he was nominate for?
5) What is the name of Don Hertzfeldt‘s first short film?
6) What type of camera does Don use to shoot his films? 7) Which University of California did Don produce his first three films at? 8) In the live action Office Space feature film, what was the name of the character Mike Judge played? 9) In the animated short films of “Office Space,” Mike Judge voiced which characters? 10) Tomek Baginski directed the animated short “The Cathedral” for the first Animation Show. What was the name of his follow-up short in Animation Show 2005?
11) What was the name of the first Beavis and Butthead short?
12) What is the one word name of short, short film animator who has had films in both the second and third Animation Shows?