Direct Relief International-the largest international nonprofit in California, and the 11th largest in the United States in terms of private support-received more than $241 million in 2006, according to a survey released on 10/29 by the Chronicle of Philanthropy. DRI came in 115th in the nation last year. DRI press secretary Jim Prosser attributed the change partly to a new focus on work within the U.S.A..
More like this story
- Forbes Ranks Direct Relief 100% Efficient
- Direct Relief Honored by Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors with Resolution for Receiving Innovation Award
- Grant From California Wellness Program Will Expand Safety Net Healthcare
- Free Flu Shots for County Residents Without Insurance
- KAITEKI Institute Donates 1000 Solar-powered Lights to DRI's Child Health Program