The route for the 2008 Amgen Tour of California was unveiled on 11/13. The bicycle race, beginning on 2/17 with a time trial at the Stanford Oval, will take participants all the way to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. The longest stretch, going from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita, is 105 miles and includes several crucial hill climbs on Highway 150, which could prove key to final ranking.
More like this story
- Cycling Tourism Boosts Business
- Amgen Recruiting Volunteers for America's Largest Cycling Event
- 9th ANNUAL AMGEN TOUR OF CALIFORNIA BICYCLE RACE RIDING THROUGH SANTA YNEZ VALLEY ON THURSDAY, MAY 15, 2014
- Amgen Bicycle Race Comes to Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Counties
- Amgen Tour Returns to Santa Barbara