One day before its deadline, the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County had collected 4,471 turkeys, only 529 short of its goal for 2008. Thousands of people are fed each year at Thanksgiving because of the Foodbank’s turkey drive, which ran from 11/1-11/20. Last year, the Foodbank passed out more than 6,000 turkeys to families in need.
More like this story
- Wells Fargo Sponsors Foodbank Turkey Drive with a $25,000 Matching Challenge
- Foodbank Seeks to Collect 2,500 Turkeys for Local Families
- Foodbank of Santa Barbara County Press Release
- Young Foodbank Supporters Nearing September 29th Deadline to Raise $10,000 for Foodbank Programs
- Network Hardware Resale Wins Foodbank’s 2012 Corporate Food & Funds Drive Challenge