Take part in the California Coastal Commission’s 10th anniversary amateur photography competition and pay tribute to California’s spectacular coast and ocean. Participants are encouraged to submit photos of the scenic coast, ways people use the coast, and coastal wildlife. Any plants and animals photographed should be native species in their natural setting. The grand prize winner will receive a choice between a two-night stay in Sonoma County at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and Spa, a two-night stay in Orange County at the Fairmont Newport Beach Hotel, or four tickets for a yacht cruise with Hornblower Cruises and Events. Second and third place winners will select from remaining prizes. All entries must be postmarked by Friday, August 22. To obtain an entry form and read full guidelines, visit coastforyou.org.
More like this story
- Thank You Ocean Annual Photo Contest
- Coastal Art and Poetry Contest for Youth
- Student Art Inspired by California’s Ocean and Coast
- CCC Seeks Stories Submissions
- The Santa Barbara Million Dollar Home Raffle celebrates its 10th anniversary by offering the Grand Prize Winner a choice of two homes, and other winners $200,000 in additional prizes!