The awesome avocado gets its own tribute at the 22nd Annual California Avocado Festival. For more than two decades, the festival has been celebrating the avocado and its many menu possibilities! Head over to downtown Carpinteria (Linden Ave.) and experience:
• That creamy, nutty, avocado flavor starring as the entree at every food booth featuring ice cream, shrimp cocktail, salads, smoothies, desserts, a menu of international cuisine la avocado, and a whole lot of guacamole!
22nd Annual Avocado Festival!
- When: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: (One-off place), Santa Barbara, CA
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: Not available
• A nonstop sound extravaganza featuring performances by more than 60 bands presenting “rock-a-moli” tunes on three stages.
• The Kids’ Block Party with games and prizes, bouncers, creative art booths, and kid-friendly cuisine.
• Continuous shopping with more than 60 craft creators and purveyors booths that line the downtown marketplace.
• Be sure to sample the fabulous food, dance to the music, and take home something green from Carpinteria’s biggest outdoor party of the year! Fri., Oct. 3, 4-9pm; Sat., Oct. 4, 10am-9pm; and Sun., Oct. 5, 10am-6pm. Free. Call 684-0038 or visit avofest.com for more info.