Celebrating the preservation of one of the area’s leading historical landmarks, the Southern Pacific railroad station building, the 26th Annual Depot Day delivers all sorts of railroad vehicle rides, a fabulous silent auction, and a festive tri-tip barbeque.
- The Goleta Short Line miniature train sets out on a nine-minute ride over a half-mile-long railroad. The two miniature engines are fashioned after Southern Pacific Railroad locomotives.
- Propel yourself along on the museum’s people-powered handcar.
- Ride an old inspection car formerly used on the Ventura Railway.
- A day-long silent auction with 200 items, including dinners at fine restaurants, luxury hotel stays, and a wide assortment goods and services.
- A tri-tip barbeque from noon-3 p.m.
Admission donation of $1 per person requested; all rides are $1.50 each. Sunday, September 28, at the South Coast Railroad Museum in the historic Goleta Depot (300 N. Los Carneros Rd.) from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Call 964-3540 for more info.