Santa Barbara’s Wendy P. McCaw Foundation has pledged $25,000 of a $30,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever recently shot and injured two California condors in Big Sur. The California condor is listed as an endangered species and is protected by both federal and state law. Anyone with information regarding the shooting should call the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service at (916) 414-6660.
More like this story
- McCaw Foundation Offers $25,000 Reward for Condor Shooter
- Webcam Provides Live Stream of Nesting California Condors
- CDFW, partner agencies seek public’s help in arresting suspects in sea otter shootings
- Oakland Zoo, CamZone Networks, and Ventana Wildlife Society Partner to Create a New Live-Streaming-Webcam for Viewing Upcoming California Condor Release into the Wild
- Greka Names New President and Environmental Plan