Free wireless Web access, which within living memory was the purview of edgy Internet cafes, is now available to bus commuters on the Coastal Express, which carries 300,000 passengers annually from Oxnard to Goleta and points between. Goleta-based Citrix Online, makers of GoToMyPC, installed the new luxury in partnership with the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments’ Traffic Solutions, whose director, Kent Epperson, said the new luxury will allow people to leave home later or head home earlier by shifting part of their work day onto their commute. Alternatively, it allows them to play Doom online in their comfortable reclining seats.
More like this story
- Coastal Express Implements Wireless Internet
- Coastal Express Limited Begins New Commute Hour Service From Downtown Ventura to Santa Barbara
- UCSB Looks Into Expanding Wireless Internet on Campus
- Clean Air Express Sees Record Ridership
- New Commuter Bus Service from Ventura to Santa Barbara and Goleta Starts Monday, August 29th