WEATHER »

Candle Probably Started Fire

Out 22 Minutes After Firefighters Arrived


Santa Barbara city fire officials believe an unattended candle is to blame for a fire that broke out just before 5 p.m. Tuesday, November 24, at a residence on Salinas Place.

When firefighters responded to the call at 1319 Salinas Place they came upon heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of a duplex on the property. Two people were attempting to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, but were removed by a police officer, while responding firefighters put the fire out within 22 minutes of first arriving.

No one was injured in the fire.

To submit a comment on this article, email letters@independent.com or visit our Facebook page. To submit information to a reporter, email tips@independent.com.



event calendar sponsored by:

Plastic Bags? Throw ‘Em Away

Santa Barbara County makes recycling rules tougher in face of exacting standards.

UCSB Ranked Number Three in UC System

Cal and UCLA took the one and two spots.

Pini Property Fights Continue

As an epic attorney battle continues in the Dario Pini receivership, a tenant is getting fed up.

MTD Takes Stand Against Prop. 6

The bus company is concerned about the state funding it relies upon.

County Half-Jokes It Wants Cannabis ‘World Domination’

A government executive implores growers to get legal before time runs out.