Gardening enthusiasts are in for a botanical treat this Saturday, October 24, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., when the Santa Ynez Valley Natural History Society hosts its 4th Annual Plant Sale at Dunn Middle School (2555 W. Hwy. 154, Los Olivos).
4th Annual Fall Plant Sale
- When: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Dunn Middle School, 2555 W. Highway 154, Los Alamos, CA
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages
Visitors can shop for bulbs, seeds, and potted plants from a wide selection of native species that will thrive in most areas of the Central Coast-as well as featured plants suited for the valley’s drought-prone climate. In addition to shopping, both budding and seasoned gardeners will also have a chance to learn about their purchases during the sale by attending one of the brief same-day garden and landscape clinics. Call 695-5683 or visit syvnature.org.
A schedule of instructors and their areas of expertise follows:
- 10:30 a.m.: Lansing Duncan (landscape design)
- 11:30 a.m.: Greg Donovan (native landscape)
- 12:30 p.m.: Ken Doud (local garden design)
- 1:30 p.m.: Mike Delgado and Ken Doud (butterfly gardens)