A 26-year-old man reportedly suffered slash-type knife wounds Saturday afternoon, in what he described to Santa Barbara police as an attack.
According to police, the man said he was walking near the intersection of Haley and Milpas streets when he was approached by a group of men who asked him for a few dollars. The man said he didn’t have any money, he told police, and the group attacked him, leaving him with wounds in three places on his left arm, each described as slices between one-half to three inches in length.
The victim supposedly escaped and called his brother, who picked him up and took him back to his residence on Castillo, and then he was taken to the hospital for treatment. Police responded to the Castillo residence just after 3:15 p.m., eventually talking to the victim and his family. The victim, who had been drinking, was reportedly uncooperative and vague with details. “We don’t know a whole lot about what really happened,” Lt. Paul McCaffrey said. No arrests have been made.