The County of Santa Barbara Public Works Department, Resource Recovery and Waste Management Division, announced today that the 14th edition (2010-11) of its Recycling Resource Guide for Santa Barbara County (Guide) is now available both in hard copy and on its recycling website.
“This Guide provides very useful information and resources to help households and businesses learn how to prevent the creation of waste and to reuse or recycle products and materials that they have used,” according to Mark Schleich, Deputy Director in the Department.
The Guide includes information on such topics as the following:
• Waste prevention tips
• A directory of places that accept various materials that will be reused or recycled
• Recycling drop-off and buyback centers
• Hazardous waste collection facilities
• Electronic waste collection sites
• Used motor oil collection centers
• How to prevent or reduce the amount of junk mail received
• County’s composting/mulch program
• County’s sharps collection program
• County’s program for the collection of unwanted medications
• Tips and resources for purchasing recycled-content products
The Resource Recovery and Waste Management Division operates waste processing and disposal facilities, resource recovery and waste diversion programs, long-range solid waste management plans and solid waste collection franchises.