The San Marcos High School Marching Band and Color Guard won the musical equivalent of a state championship last weekend at the annual Field Championships in Downey, California. The Royals took first place for overall music, visual performance, and general effect. Each year, the Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association judges more than 60 competitive field tournaments and more than 40 competitive band reviews throughout Southern California. Of the three Santa Barbara high schools, San Marcos was the only one that qualified to take part in the Field Championships, which consist of 12 marching bands competing in six divisions. Former band member and San Marcos alumnus Michael Kiyoi won the championship in his first year as the band director.
More like this story
- San Marcos Marching Band and Color Guard Win at Moorpark High Field Competition
- San Marcos Marching Band Victories Lead to Community Performance December 7
- San Marcos High School Marching Band and Color Guard Win Gold
- San Marcos Marching Band and Colorguard Win Second Competition in a Row
- San Marcos High School Marching Band Wins Competition