This month marks the launch of the City of S.B.’s Parks & Recreation department annual summer concert series, a program of weekly live music performances by the sea at Chase Palm Park (323 E. Cabrillo Blvd.). The following is this year’s eclectic lineup of performers scheduled for the Thursday-night music series.
• Blame Sally (alt folk, July 4)
• Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries (old time rock ‘n’ roll, July 15)
• Hapa (Hawaiian, July 22)
• Cow Bop (swingin’ country, July 29)
• Max Bennett & Private Reserve, featuring Amber Whitlock (jazz, August 12)
• Porterhouse Bob & Down to the Bone (“The No. 1 mardi gras party band west of the Mississippi,” August 19)
Concerts run from 6-8:30 p.m.; admission is free. Call 897-1946 for more info.