Forget Miles from Sideways and his cherished bottle of 1961 Cheval Blanc—we’re talking a 1947 Cheval Blanc. We’re talking Screaming Eagle Cabernet from 1993, back when that wine screamed cult. If just these two mentions got your interest, you need to check out the first ever Cellar Classic: An Auction of Rare & Fine Wines Sunday, August 1, 4-7 p.m. A benefit for St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley Episcopal Church, the event will be held in the church’s garden courtyard and Stacy Hall, 2901 Nojoqui Avenue, in Los Olivos. Bountiful gourmet hors d’oeuvres will be offered, accompanied by live entertainment. There will also be a silent auction of other wines, wine-related gifts, and vacation packages. Everything, and they mean everything, is donated by members and friends of St. Mark’s so that all proceeds will go to the church to support its community programs and services, such as a meeting place for the area’s Jewish congregation, Food Bank, Valley Community Theatre, and recovery groups. Tickets are $100 in advance and $125 (if available) at the door. To purchase tickets, contact event cochair Steve Pepe at email@example.com or call him at 735-7867, or call the church office at 688-4454.
More like this story
- St. Marks 4th Annual Cellar Classic
- St. Mark's Cellar Classic Names Honorary Chairs for 4th Annual Event
- St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley Episcopal Church Cellar Classic Donates $12,500 to Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation
- 5th Annual St. Mark's Cellar Classic
- St. Mark's 2nd Annual Cellar Classic Auction Raises $130,117