The Santa Barbara Foundation — a local philanthropic community group established over 80 years ago — announced the 45 nonprofit organizations throughout the county that will receive over $2.3 million in Impact Grants. The Foundation fielded 277 initial letters of intent, whittled the candidates down to 78, then read over full proposals and conducted site visits before settling on the final recipients. The money went towards nonprofit efforts that “have the most promise of ‘moving the needle’ in the community,” a Foundation statement read.
More like this story
- Santa Barbara Foundation Announces over $2.3 Million in Impact Grants
- Sharyn Main Joins the Santa Barbara Foundation
- Santa Barbara Foundation’s Katherine Harvey Fellows Announce Launch of $300,000 Campaign to Benefit Local Students
- Santa Barbara Foundation Announces 2011 High School Senior Award Recipients
- Katherine Harvey Fellows Culminate Leadership Program