WEATHER »

Santa Barbara Foundation New Digs Named After Donor


The new headquarters for the Santa Barbara Foundation—the South Coast’s biggest and oldest philanthropic organization—will be named after donor Léni Fé Bland in recognition of her recent multimillion-dollar endowment. Over the past 20 years, Fé Bland has been a sustaining donor to many organizations in the Santa Barbara music scene—with a strong emphasis on classical—and in recent years has backed such homeless programs as the Casa Esperanza shelter. The foundation—started in 1928 by industrialist Max Fleischmann of yeast company fame—has operated out of the historic Hill-Carrillo Adobe on East Carrillo Street, but moved to their new accommodations at 1111 Chapala Street in December.



event calendar sponsored by: