SELF Magazine, the leading women’s wellness magazine partnered with BestPlaces.net to find the most blissful locales to visit in the United States and Santa Barbara, CA wins for Best Sun & Beach Hotspot!
Using extensive research and an algorithm, the SELF and BestPlace.net team analyzed the 100 largest metropolitan areas across the nation, tabulating factors such as annual days of sunshine, number of farmers markets and food co-ops, how active and content residents are. The results uncovered uncommon destinations that are not often thought of when planning a vacation.
You don’t need a month off or big bucks to take a stellar vacation. In fact, your mind-set matters more than your destination or budget. Check out these joy-filled yet sometimes overlooked locations.
Winners Include (A full description of all the cities is available upon request):
1. Madison Wisconsin: Nation’s Most Active City- #1 Bikes-To-Work, Top Exercise & Most Active Residents
2. Burlington, Vermont: Nation’s Top Healthy Eating City
3. Provo–Orem, Utah: Nation’s Happiest City
4. Honolulu, Hawaii: Perfect Weather City-Perennially Sunny Days
5. Asheville, North Carolina: Hot Spot For Foodies: Nation’s Top Local Fare
6. Rockingham And Strafford Counties, New Hampshire: Safest Cities
7. Portland, Maine: Lively Community & Vibrant City Activity
8. Billings, Montana: Copious Food Co-Ops & Organic Eaters’ Dream
9. Santa Barbara, California: Sun And Beach Hotspot
10. Santa Rosa-Petaluma, California - Freshest Fare & City Of Classy Cuisines
SELF’s travel guide helps you to find the 6 most surprising ways to get the most out of any voyage, learn how to enjoy local eats, navigate new territory like a native with the best travel apps, and more. We thought this may be of interest to you. Please let me know if you would like me to email you the PDF of SELF’s travel guide.