The finalists for Petrini’s Restaurant Challenge have been selected and the dishes are being prepared at 6:00pm this Wednesday, March 2, at Petrini’s new site at 5711 Calle Real.
The restaurant patrons and four judges will equally have a vote. Although Joe Bohnett, Petrini’s legendary owner, was going to select the best four, he had to stretch it to five (they were too good).
Listed below are the final recipes:
- Pizza with lemon slices, red onion and rosemary - they call it the “Shim” pizza.
- Pizza with baby clams and garlic.
- Pasta with an interesting walnut sauce.
- Grandma’s tomato, bacon, potato & pesto sauce
- Sliced beef with garlic and mushroom sauce.