First on this week’s Poodle Radio, Colin Marshall talks to Indy reporters Chris Meagher and Ethan Stewart. Chris wrote a cover story on the 2008 third district supervisor election, a victory for Doreen Farr that remains contested, to this day, by her opponent Steve Pappas. Ethan continues to cover the state of SBCC, which, like every school in California, struggles with budget cuts brought on by the statewide budget crisis. Then, gardening columnist and Lotusland Living Collection curator Virginia Hayes pays the show a visit to discuss Santa Barbara plant life, the endlessness of horticultural topics, the season of armored flora, and her work in Santa Barbara’s most famous garden.
Poodle Radio #70
First on this week’s Poodle Radio, Colin Marshall talks to Indy reporters Chris Meagher and Ethan Stewart.
Music this week, organized by pop culture editor Aly Comingore, comes from artists soon to play Santa Barbara like Lykke Li, Little Owl, and Peter Bjorn and John. You can tune in to Poodle Radio live every Thursday morning from 8-9 a.m. on KCSB, 91.9 FM in Santa Barbara or on KCSB’s webcast at KCSB.org.
Questions, comments or suggestions to do with Poodle Radio? Don’t hesitate to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Poodle Radio on Still-Unbuilt Naples and Contest-Winning Barbecue Pork
- Poodle Radio with a Homeless Counter, and Environmental-Science Educator, and Four Alaskan Schoolchildren
- Poodle Radio on the Dangers of Diablo Canyon and the Novels of T.C. Boyle
- Talking Continuing Education and Community Activism
- Poodle Radio on Summer Barbecues and State Budgets