The county desperately needs money — and the developers are more than ready to help put money in their coffers with Janet Wolf’s (aka Susan Rose’s clone’s) help. They are now pushing our farmland for high density housing. What they are pushing for is 20 units per acre (yes, 20 units!) on all our open lands and some lower density neighborhoods.
1) 1100 units at Hollister and San Marcos Road — San Marcos Growers.
2) 184 units at San Simeon and San Marcos Roads — the Tatum Property.
3) 120 units at Calle Real and San Antonio below Forte Ranch — the MTD Property.
4) Hollister Modoc — surrounding neighborhood.
5) Undefined development on the South Patterson Ag Block.
All of this is now in the hands of the Planning Commission (who has no real power).
We do not have the resources—especially water—to support all this growth! Is this why we were asked to be good citizens and conserve water? Some reward. We need to speak out now—to all the supervisors and to the Planning Commission. This is totally against our general plan.
The county cannot keep track of their current affordable/workforce housing. Do you really expect them to keep track of more — in our area?
Please speak up to preserve what little quality of life we still have. Do it now! This is happening now!