The Stevens corporate partnership with the National Breast Cancer Foundation includes many facets:
• A donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation for every private, state-to-state move that Stevens performs
• A website dedicated to the partnership – www.stevenspink.com
• Social media components
• Opportunities for moving agents nationwide and employees to become involved
Additional exciting and eye-catching components of the partnership will be added within the next several months.
Stevens selected to partner with the National Breast Cancer Foundation because of its grassroots work in offering screening and education to women and the high percentage of funds that go directly to programs and research.
Among the many initiatives of the National Breast Cancer Foundation are:
• Funding of nearly 25,000 free mammograms each year
• National Mammography Program, which includes 85 medical centers in 47 states to provide low-cost mammograms and treatments
• Educational materials in three languages
• Support of cancer research centers at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas and Cleveland Clinic
• Partnerships with six other leading healthcare centers nationally
At the National Breast Cancer Foundation, 80 percent of expenditures go to programs.
Stevens selected breast cancer as a corporate initiative because of the prevalence of breast cancer and its impact in society.
• 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer
• 1 out of 3 Americans knows someone who has or has had breast cancer
• Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women
• Breast cancer is the second most common cause of death from cancer in women
“Partnering with an organization that is committed to specifically serving needs in communities and that is prudent in their financial management was important in selecting and organization for Stevens to support,” said Morrison Stevens, Sr., chairman and chief executive officer.
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, headquartered in Saginaw, Mich., was founded more than 106 years ago and has nearly 150 moving company agents across the country. Stevens is a leader in domestic and international relocations and its agents provide household and commercial moves and storage options as well as other moving and storage-related services such as records management and moving boxes and supplies.
Movegreen provides moving services in Santa Barbara, Goleta, Isla Vista, Carpinteria and surrounding areas.