Santa Barbara United Boys & Girls Clubs has raised $115,000 after two weeks of an emergency two-month fund-raising drive designed to generate $300,000. With the economic downturn, many of the foundations that traditionally underwrote United Santa Barbara backed off their support and focused their largess on more strategically concentrated approaches instead. Without this infusion of cash, United Santa Barbara would have had to reduce hours and cut pay by 10 percent. Additional fundraising events will held in the coming weeks.
More like this story
- Boys & Girls Clubs in Financial Straits
- Layoffs Hit Boys and Girls Clubs
- Rally for Kids to Support United Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Barbara Co
- RALLY FOR KIDS TO SUPPORT UNITED BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF SANTA BARBARA CO
- Santa Barbara Helicopter Tours Donates 10% of Revenues to the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Barbara