SBCC student Justin Connell won $4,000 in the college’s New Venture Challenge Competition last week for his “Garden on Wheels,” a raised, moveable garden that has since garnered national interest, including from a senior living company that owns 500 facilities across the country. The second- and third-place winners created an organic, African-inspired pepper sauce and a wall-hanging grid to plant succulents, respectively, winning $2,500 and $1,500.
More like this story
- Top Student Business Plan Wins Seed Money at Santa Barbara City College
- New College-Wide Business Plan Competition
- SBCC's Scheinfeld Center Announces Student Winners of its 4th Annual New Venture Challenge
- Collaboration Honors SB Women and Student Entrepreneurs
- $15,000 in Prizes Offered to South Coast Students with Top Business Plans