The Valle Verde retirement community will break ground on a $30 million expansion this Thursday during a private ceremony. Planned additions include a new poolside bistro, renovations to the fitness center and wellness clinic, 40 new single-story homes, and more parking spaces. Construction is expected to wrap up by spring 2014. In Santa Barbara County, 13 percent of residents have reached their senior years, a Valle Verde rep said. The Administration on Aging says one in five Americans will be 65 or older by 2040.
More like this story
- SB Senior Living Community Breaks Ground $30 Million Expansion
- SB Senior Living Community Breaks Ground On Expansion
- Valle Verde Retirement Community Plants 150 Native Grown Oak Trees to Expand Campus Oak Woodland Preserve
- Valle Verde Heroics During Jesusita Fire
- Construction Progressing at the Valle Verde's $30 Million Expansion