The Goleta City Council voted 5-0 Tuesday to move forward with pedestrian safety improvements for the intersection of Cathedral Oaks Road at Santa Marguerita Drive, where a driver hit and killed a woman pushing a baby across the street on 11/11. The improvements — long in the works and now expected to be completed early next year — will include, among other things, a rapid-flashing crosswalk signal, an additional street light, a refuge in the road’s median, and a reduction in the number of lanes from four to two in that area.
More like this story
- Pedestrian Safety Improvements Begin on Goleta Intersection
- Teen Driver Charged with Goleta Pedestrian Death
- Concerns Raised Over Dangerous Goleta Crosswalk
- Few Details Released on Fatal Cathedral Oaks Collision
- Santa Marguerita/Cathedral Oaks Project Completion Celebration Scheduled for Wednesday, March 12 at 10:30 am