WEATHER »

Ray Ford

Jalama Beach Park to Go Live

Online Camping Reservations Begin March 5


On March 5, 2013, the Santa Barbara County Community Services Department, Parks Division will “Go Live” with online camping reservations at Jalama Beach, Lompoc. Campers will be able to go online at www.sbparks.org and reserve and pay for a campsite, up to six months in advance. The online reservation system will cover 80% of the campsites with the remaining 20% will be available on first come first serve basis to those who simply show up.

With approximately 250,000 visitors annually, Jalama Beach is a respite from typically bustling seaside parks, yet offers many conveniences. Groceries, personal care sundries, firewood, fishing bait and tackle, ice, beer and wine may be purchased at the Jalama Store. Other services include mailing, facsimile, and video rentals. The store and its popular Grill that serves the “Jalama Burger” are open daily from 8:00 am.

Jalama Beach is approximately an hour drive from Santa Barbara and a 45-minute drive from Lompoc. A sign 4.5 miles south of Lompoc off Highway 1 will direct you onto Jalama Road. Follow this scenic 14.5 mile road to the coast.

To submit a comment on this article, email letters@independent.com or visit our Facebook page. To submit information to a reporter, email tips@independent.com.



event calendar sponsored by:

Hundreds Protest Trump’s Family Separation Policy

Another demonstration is planned for June 30 in De La Guerra Plaza.

Goleta Mayor and Council Salaries to Go to the Ballot

Voters asked to consider higher salaries to bring greater diversity to city government.

New Libertarian Group Seeks Major Redistricting Shakeup

Reason in Government is seeking to create an independent committee.

S.B. Attorney Gets Convicted Killer Off Death Row

Robert Lewis Jr. was deemed too intellectually disabled.

Public Trashes Hollister Ranch Deal

The California Coastal Conservancy received over 600 angry letters.