WEATHER »

Man Survives Multiple Stab Wounds

Attacked near 200 West Montecito Street Wednesday Night


A 25-year-old man suffered multiple stab wounds Wednesday night during a confrontation in the area of 200 West Montecito Street. His injuries weren’t life threatening, and he was treated and released from Cottage Hospital’s emergency room later that evening.

Santa Barbara police spokesperson Sgt. Riley Harwood, who explained the investigation into the incident continues and that most details are being withheld, said the victim was approached by two men at 11:36 p.m. The suspect attacked the victim with a knife before both the suspect and his companion fled the scene. The stabbing does not appear to be gang related, Harwood said.

To submit a comment on this article, email letters@independent.com or visit our Facebook page. To submit information to a reporter, email tips@independent.com.



event calendar sponsored by:

Goleta Library May Expand by Two, or Four If You Count the Twigs

City Council approves fee allocation; goes next to branch library cities.

Foodbank Turkey Drive Suffers from Truck Accident

Nonprofit is trying to replace $145,000 in equipment and food lost in accident last month.

County Eyeing Private Montecito Land to Build New Debris Basin

Supervisors have started the negotiation process with Randall Road parcel owners.

Increase in H2A Farmworkers Raises Housing Concerns

Santa Barbara County supervisors moving to streamline permit process.

Cannabis Taxes Generate $1.8 Million

Santa Barbara County releases first quarterly report.