The Santa Barbara International Film Festival has announced Emma Thompson as the recipient of the 2014 Modern Master Award. The actress, screenwriter, and producer, best known for her work in Sense and Sensibility, Howard’s End, and Remains of the Day, will be honored on Saturday, February 8 at the Arlington Theatre. The award was established in 1995 to pay tribute to an individual who has culturally enriched the world through their multifaceted accomplishments in the film industry. Thompson will join an illustrious group of past Modern Master recipients that includes George Clooney, Ben Affleck, Christopher Nolan, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Jeff Bridges, Sean Penn, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, among many others.
The 29th annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival kicks off Thursday, January 30 and runs through Sunday, February 9. For more information about the festival, visit sbfilmfestival.org.
More like this story
- EMMA THOMPSON TO RECEIVE PRESTIGIOUS MODERN MASTER AWARD AT THE 29TH SANTA BARBARA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- Film Festival to Honor Kristin Scott Thomas
- SBIFF Announces Virtuoso Award Winners
- SB Film Festival to Honor Angelina Jolie
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival to Feature Film-Inspired Wine From Sunstone Winery at 29th Edition