According to the Centers for Disease Control, heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Fortunately, it is possible to reduce your risk of — or even prevent — a heart attack, and there is no better time to learn how than during National Cardiac Rehabilitation Week, when Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital (SYVCH) Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department offers free heart health screenings. “We’ll check your blood pressure, height, weight, and body mass index (BMI) and share how to manage heart disease, blood pressure, cholesterol, and stress,” said the department’s Marsha Griggs. Screenings take place Sunday, February 9-Thursday, February 13, 3-5 p.m., at Cardiopulmonary Rehab, 2030 Viborg Road, Suite 108, Solvang (across the street from SYVCH) For more information, call 805-686-3990.
More like this story
- Free Heart Health Screenings at Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
- 31st Annual Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Health Fair is Saturday, October 5, 2013 at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott in Buellton
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital’s 31st Annual Health Fair Distributes 445 Free Flu Shots & Features 46 Exhibitors
- Cottage Hosts Heart Health Fair
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital in Solvang Opens New, Expanded Emergency Department Today