Dozens of activists gathered in De la Guerra Plaza (pictured) to rally against the proposed Keystone XL pipeline — which would transport crude oil from Canada across the U.S. for export — after the State Department released its final environmental impact report on the project on 2/3. “The Keystone XL pipeline will be a huge source of carbon pollution and clearly fails the climate test set by President Obama,” said Max Golding of 350.org in a prepared statement after the event. 350.org and a host of other organizations called on Obama to keep his commitment to reduce carbon pollution and reject the pipeline.
More like this story
- Nearly 200 Santa Barbarans Protest Keystone Pipeline
- Santa Barbarans Collect Winter Clothes Donations, Prepare to Travel to Washington D.C. for Massive Rally for President Obama to Move U.S. Forward with Climate Solutions
- Activists Rally Against Keystone Pipeline
- SB Citizens Rally For Stronger Local and Federal Climate Action Plan
- Oprah Visited By Local Pipeline Protesters