The county’s Department of Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Services (ADMHS) is seeking 11 new full-time licensed clinicians or interns to work with foster kids. Five of the positions will be located in Santa Maria and three each in Lompoc and Santa Barbara. The extra jobs come from a recently decided Los Angeles lawsuit that orders California counties to better provide mental-health care to foster kids. Sixty-five of the county’s 375 foster kids are ADMHS clients; 124 more will become clients this year.
More like this story
- Santa Barbara County ADMHS Adds 11 New Positions to Serve Children in Foster Care
- ADMHS Staff Apply Personal Perspectives on Mental Illness
- Supes Boost ADMHS Contract By $950,000
- Michael Camacho-Craft Appointed ADMHS Assistant Director of Clinical Programs
- Efforts Underway to Keep Special Needs Foster Kids in County