This City’s contractor, DPM Construction, will begin construction on pedestrian improvements on Cathedral Oaks at Santa Marguerita. This project will take approximately 15 working days to complete and will create minor delays as one lane in each direction will be closed.
The project includes solar powered pedestrian activated Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs) on Cathedral Oaks Road at Santa Marguerita Drive to provide an additional visual queue to alert motorists when a pedestrian wishes to cross the street. In addition to the flashing beacons, the project will also include: removing the dedicated turn lane from westbound Cathedral Oaks Road to northbound Santa Marguerita Avenue; adding curb extensions for the north leg of the intersection toward the center of Cathedral Oaks Road; and creating a median pedestrian refuge area.
The project is funded through a combination of Measure A Alternative Transportation Grants, Measure A local funds and Transportation Development Account (TDA) funds.
Please use extra caution when traveling through this area during this construction period.
More like this story
- Santa Marguerita/Cathedral Oaks Project Completion Celebration Scheduled for Wednesday, March 12 at 10:30 am
- Pedestrian Safety Improvements Begin on Goleta Intersection
- Goleta Moves Forward with Pedestrian Safety Improvements
- Teen Driver Charged with Goleta Pedestrian Death
- County Hot Mix Asphalt Overlay Project