Construction has begun on a number of pedestrian-safety improvements on Cathedral Oaks Road at Santa Marguerita Drive, where a woman crossing on foot was hit and killed in November 2013. The project, which will take around two weeks to complete, is adding solar-powered, pedestrian-activated lights to the crosswalk; removing the dedicated turn lane from westbound Cathedral Oaks Road to northbound Santa Marguerita Avenue; adding curb extensions for the north leg of the intersection; and creating a pedestrian median area.
More like this story
- Goleta Moves Forward with Pedestrian Safety Improvements
- Construction Begins January 16 for Pedestrian Improvements on Cathedral Oaks Road at Santa Marguerita Drive
- Santa Marguerita/Cathedral Oaks Project Completion Celebration Scheduled for Wednesday, March 12 at 10:30 am
- Teen Driver Charged with Goleta Pedestrian Death
- Concerns Raised Over Dangerous Goleta Crosswalk