Let It Go? We’re Trying

You Say ‘Hoarder’ Like It’s a Bad Thing

Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Comments

It’s the parental fear that no generation before ours has yet grappled with: the terror that our children will grow up to be on a reality show. My particular dread? I’m raising a prime-time “hoarder.”

Never one to pass a rock without dropping it in his pocket, my youngest child weeps and wails if I throw out a year-old, splay-bristled, paste-encrusted toothbrush. He has Valentine’s candy from 2011 crammed into keepsake boxes in his tchotchke-stocked bedroom.

Starshine Roshell

And last weekend, the boy refused to relinquish a pair of skate shoes whose canvas had torn away from the rubber soles up front, exposing his toes as he walked and flapping open like a chatty cartoon mouth. Even my grandmother, raised on scraps in the Oklahoma dust bowl, would call them “hobo shoes.” Though he left the shoe store with two new pairs, he wouldn’t — couldn’t — throw the old ones in the trash. So I did.

“It’s just …” he started, “I have a lot of good memories with those shoes.” Perfect, I reasoned. Then you don’t need the actual shoes. And memories don’t take up room in the closet.

It’s a constant battle: His sentimentality versus my efficiency. He has collections and mementos; I have goals and checklists. He loves to reminisce and savor the past while I strive to produce and stay ahead of the clock.

I know what you’re thinking. He sounds like a much more pleasant person to be around — and he absolutely is. In fact, as the youngest in our family, it may well be his job to dig in his heels and slow us all down a bit.

But as the Roshells’ trusty rudder, my job is to steer us toward our future and make sure we’re all ready for what’s next — whatever that may be. And it turns out what’s next is a fancy backyard.

I decided that after years of being ransacked by hooligans, it was time to convert our yard from a wild play zone (think parched lawn littered with bent hula hoops) into a sophisticated retreat (picture a copper fire pit, charming herb garden, and twinkle-lit pergola). That meant bidding adieu to the gargantuan wooden play structure that my boys had swung on, climbed up, and slid down for a dozen years — but that was now merely collecting cobwebs and blocking out the sun that my future parsley pots would surely require.

Naturally, my pack-rat progeny did not take the news well. There were tears. And hugs. And talk of letting go and moving forward. We found a family that was thrilled to dissemble the creaky beast and take it home to their own toddler.

On the day they stood in our backyard dismantling the rock wall and picnic table, and unscrewing the custom ship’s helm and trap door that my husband had added, I went busily about my chop-chop checklists: coiling hoses, serving water, sweeping up debris. On a whim (blast it — even my whims are productive!), I snapped a photo of the razed plaything and texted it with a final “thank you” to all the family members who had helped us buy it back when the millennium was still new.

And as I hit “Send,” a flood of nostalgia hijacked me. Tears sprang from my eyes and spilled down my face toward my quivering chin. I stumbled over to my son. “It’s just …” I sniffled, “I have a lot of good memories of that play set.” He hugged me as I sobbed, and we both stared in shock at the huge hole in our yard, an emptiness lit by bright sunlight.

When we were done gaping, and weeping, I went out to the side yard, plucked my kid’s hobo shoes from the garbage can and tucked them quietly back into his cluttered closet.

Comments

Material things can be taken from you, memories cannot be taken from you.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
July 30, 2014 at 5:41 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Given how 'trustworthy' Starshine's political rudder seems to be http://judgybitch.com/2014/08/02/jess... I hope her husband and HIS sons have donned life vests and are preparing to abandon ship. Steering one's sons toward hell (as a proud gender bigot/mainstream feminazi) and preparing them to be beaten down all their lives as male 'oppressors' is to blow huge holes in THEM...before they even know better. Hobo shoes should be the least of her worries...in an age wherein her Twisted Sisters (and her credulous colleagues in the lame-stream faux-ilberal press) attack males incessantly...for no good reason.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 3, 2014 at 11:17 p.m. (Suggest removal)

great column and very thoughtful; I recall when my then-167yr old son gave up competitive lacrosse, I still have his long defenseman's lacrosse stick... forget Sealion's rant, he's quite worried about "feminazis", although how it could possibly pertain to this column... maybe dolphin14, a fellow sea creature, can understand HIM....

August 3, 2014 at 11:41 p.m. (Suggest removal)

uh, my then 17 year old son...bad typo, but dolphin will enjoy it

August 3, 2014 at 11:42 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Well, it wasnt a typo, Ive been saying for a long time that you are VERY old Dan, and you just well..."outed" yourself.

Dr. J. Danforth Plattdeutch was born on June, 4, 1811 in Alligators Tail, Arkansas, and I think you need to know that, Sealion.

My interpretation of Sealion's rant is that he's saying that he's angry about the drought, and the waste of water by local consumers, and probably favors alternative measures such as aquifer and desalination measures. I'm also thinking that he is not in support of Southern California's tapping into Northern California's water sources.

That's just my opinion.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 2:48 a.m. (Suggest removal)

In your case Dan, (is it ok if I call you "Dan" as opposed to "Dr. Dan"?) maybe you ARE talking about your 17 year old son, but that would be 17 years Centigrade.

Ken made reference to Jerry Brown being 167 years old on the Chumash story, so why not?

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 3:02 a.m. (Suggest removal)

SOrry, I meant to say 164 years old.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 3:02 a.m. (Suggest removal)

first, I always speak HOCH Deutsch, none of that bogus Plattdeutsch that only the lumpen mutter in their bad dreams. And, yeah, the "DrDan" was always a joke to my friends.
I still can't get's Sealion's point? What in this interesting column has to do with "preparing them [her sons] to be beaten down all their lives as male 'oppressors' ..."? With 4 sisters, a wonderful spouse of many decades (almost 164 years, yes), powerful mother, working in a largely female environment...I only have admiration and respect for American women and women in general. What's the problem there, Sealion? If, an example, a Turkish guy is cruel to me, I don't generalize that all those Turks are SOBs! Grow up a little; the ladies include the good,the bad, and the interesting.

August 4, 2014 at 3:50 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion may be a self-hating woman!

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 5:20 a.m. (Suggest removal)

"I still can't get's Sealion's point? "

That's probably because you is willfully ignorant. Any man who has respect for most American women (or Western women) in the evil Age of Misandry needs to have his head examined. Since Starshine is a proudly defiant feminazi (mainstream feminist) who helps her Twisted Sisters create the misandrist C*nt culture her husbands/sons have to inhabit and suffer through, she is currently one of the bad and the boring women....as are the men who back her.

To use her sons as fodder for her columns or to use her sons to write her columns for her without even helping secure her sons from her very own hysterical anti-male hate movement is ironic don't ya think? One's gotta wonder where her husband and her sons' father is in all of this. Have American men become so p*ssy whipped and (literally) cow-ed that they can't even address the obvious peril to themselves or their sons ..or is this just a silly Santa Barbara thing?

In any case, there's got to be no quarter for feminist women because said women love to bathe in male tears. Men like Dr Dan need to see the problem in Starshine's poisonous anti-male ideology...which is institutionalized from the Oval Office on down. And women like Starshine need to go offensively anti-feminist as soon as possible IF they are have a hope in hell of being seen as trustworthy women, wives, or mothers.

That help you get a clue, Dr D?

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion, you're proudly anti-grammar as well as women apparently. In the end you're the one who's whipped with your "Oh I'm a victim of feminazis" bs. You're oppressing yourself, at this point I doubt any women wants responsibility for you!
The problem is in you, not the world!

August 4, 2014 at 10:46 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Volok: Is a sloppy attack on my grammar the best you can do? And when pray tell did you buy the big lie that women take responsibility for women... much less for men? Any reasonable look at the differences between the sexes will show you that women assume almost no moral agency...and are given superior rights with no obligation (eg the Draft) to earn those rights for them-sexes or for men. The problem is in pigheaded (feminist) men and mean spirited (feminist) women who absolutely refuse to address the real problem: http://www.vice.com/read/the-women-of... Now please remove head from filthy feminist toilet and start using head for some manly (pun intended) problem solving.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 11:09 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Wow, seems like somebody has been rejected many times in life. He now sits in his parents basement, degrading women and the men who support them. One can ever respect a person (sealion) who looks down on women. Maybe you should find a man for your needs!

onlytime211 (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 2:35 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Correction *never*.

onlytime211 (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 3 p.m. (Suggest removal)

211-That particular series of stupid feminist shame gaming is getting very tiresome. So is the silly double standard which says that its never socially correct to look down on women but always correct to look down on men. Those women who proudly worship the world's largest and most officially coddled hate movement deserve to be scorned...as do those women and men who prefer pigheaded feminist shame games over intelligent responses.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 4:31 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion, perhaps if you tried cleaning your pipes, ( best with a willing partner) your outlook on women would improve.

If you can get her toes to curl on a regular basis, you might have the dominant relationship you crave.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 6:43 p.m. (Suggest removal)

loonpt (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 9:13 p.m. (Suggest removal)

What does any of that have to do with the content of Roshell's article? Zilch unless you want to illustrate someone who hoards links!
Why even bother?

August 4, 2014 at 9:23 p.m. (Suggest removal)

you poor guy, Sealion, was a misanthropic life you must lead, lawdy's got the best advice, clear your pipes, brother.
Seriously, being full of hate like this isn't good for you or those around you.
One point you make, "[women] are given superior rights with no obligation (eg the Draft)" -- is demonstrably false. First, we have no draft. Second, when we did (good friends drafted then killed in 'Nam) it was old white men running the gov't and doing the drafting! It was MEN, like idiot Bush and Cheney etc., who led us into Iraq, etc. Get off your soapbox. Sure, there are plenty of stupid and foolish women, so what??

August 4, 2014 at 9:35 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Lawdy dear, these shame games are boring. Besides who cares about HER toes. That's my whole point. It's always about her in the Age of Misandry.

Now please stop conflating feminist bigots (who wanna be men) with real women. My outlook on women like you will improve the moment you oppose the hysterically dishonest haters who speak for you. I love the antifeminist women who are giving feminists heartburn these days so there's no need to assume that my outlook on women needs to improve at all.

As soon as you change your foolish feminist tune and become an honest woman, you might be able to enjoy some domination, curl some guy's toes, and have your toes curled too. Just be sure you don't rape him with pretended submission. That way you can have the submissive sex that all women secretly crave...in their hole of holes.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 9:42 p.m. (Suggest removal)

A sealion
online
and a pig in the bed
is it any surprise
that empty is his head.

August 4, 2014 at 9:45 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Deluded Dr. D: loonpt's links have everything to do with Starshine and her sons. That because Starshine is a proud gender bigot (feminst) who 'rudders' her husband and his sons in a town full of traitorous male gender bigots like you. There are plenty more stupid, foolish, and hysterically hateful feminist women in SB too.. .women like Capps, Jackson, and Snyder. Hysterical anti-male hatred institutionalized at the highest levels is what.

As for the Draft, only males must register. And in the volunteer military only men tend to volunteer to do the dying. Women shun front line combat role even when given the opportunities to serve but feminist bigots demand infantile entitlements at home. Said bigots also happily rape the rights of returning male servicemen.

There's also always a Helen of Troy behind every war. I remember plenty of war mongering babes proudly marching down State post 911. So stop blaming war on old white guys (like you?) and get a clue about the WHOLE human condition will ya.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:12 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Give it a rest, take some meds or something.

August 4, 2014 at 10:21 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Oh sorry. The post above is for our foolish Volok fellow. He also seems to believe that I've gone to bed with him. How else could he shame game me as a pig in bed? Happily, I can assure everyone else that I've never gone to bed with homosexuals and particularly not with feminist homosexuals. Looks like the empty head is his.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:22 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Now good ole Volok has descended to yet another stupid feminist shame game with his insanity aspersion. Quite a compliment. That beans men's that those of us who do have something sane to offer are getting through him down in some deep dark mental recesses.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:28 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion: I agree with you about faux-liberal politics and the anti-male bias found there, and I've commented on it as well. Academia is rife with anti-male attitudes as well, but seriously, let it go, you've made your point.

If you keep this up you're going to implode from hatred.

August 4, 2014 at 10:33 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Volok, this what happens when you feed trolls. They are like goldfish, they eat until they explode.

Herschel_Greenspan (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:34 p.m. (Suggest removal)

None of this has anything to do with Roshell's article, which is about hoarding!

August 4, 2014 at 10:37 p.m. (Suggest removal)

billclausen is a poster that rarely sees a kooky idea that does not agree with until he realizes that he has been had.

Herschel_Greenspan (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:47 p.m. (Suggest removal)

BillClausen: Boredom (not hatred) is the biggest risk for me here. Volok, Dr D, Greenspan and their ilk will never allow anyone reasonable to make any point if they can shame game them into silence. Thus the battle to be heard is ongoing but no worries since I have little personal interest in any of the feminist protagonists here...who ironically take such a prurient personal interest in me.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 11:56 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Ken this is just some blowback from her last column, it's not a big deal. I wish sealion didn't seem so hateful either, but I can understand how he may have became that way and why he may feel so strongly about what he feels.

Obviously I posted the links as it was the topic of discussion and I didn't want to bump the discussion from her last article when we already had this one going. I really like most of Starshine's columns, in fact this one made me quite emotional as well. I think she is slightly misguided on that last column she wrote, but I also understand where she is coming from and her fears and I don't fault her for it too much. In fact, I think both sides could learn from each other and come to some civil agreements if they'd both listen better and see that they really don't disagree as much as they think. In fact, that's precisely why I posted those links.

loonpt (anonymous profile)
August 5, 2014 at 12:15 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I guess I just don't understand hatred period. I'm not sure I care to.

August 5, 2014 at 12:29 a.m. (Suggest removal)

There once was a creature named Sealion.
He wanted to go and see Ryan.
Ryan Seacrest, he said to in jest,
I can...

I cant figure out a way to end this limerick.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 5, 2014 at 5:44 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Herschel_Greenspan (anonymous profile)
August 4, 2014 at 10:34 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Agree, HG. There's a point where "feeding trolls" may equate to becoming one, IMO. Not sure why anyone would want to engage (repeatedly) with someone who is so demonstrably crazy and who may be (quite literally) getting off on the attention.

zappa (anonymous profile)
August 5, 2014 at 7:43 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Those of you males who can't understand hatred (feminism) are destined to enjoy it. So are the foolish females who allow feminists to silence them or to shame them for following their natural biological instincts. You don't seem to understand that institutionalized anti-male fascism is something that needs to be dealt with head on, but you will as soon as you taste feminism first hand or as soon as your kids do. (Interestingly, many of today's hot young women seem to better understand anti-male hatred than you do as evidenced by the "I don't need feminism because..." explosion online.)

Now stop the stupid shaming games already. That's how fascist WOmen attack those whom they can't handle with reasonable responses. It's unmanly. False accusations of misogyny, of hatred, of 'trolling', of getting off on attention, of irrelevance or of whatever will not men make you.

As for Starshine, there's no personal hatred for her here. She's just a silly SB boob whose been brainwashed into oblivion by her Twisted Sisters...and is too stubborn, head strong, and closed minded to use her head for more that pretty decoration. She's silly and boring but not INTENTIONALLY hateful. I have little personal interest in her much less PERSONAL hatred for her. Obviously, she means well with her sons and with her husband but good intentions will not secure the Roshell males (or us all) from her programmed anti-male POLITICAL bigotry (feminism). Since she is using her column as a pulpit to spread her poisonous religion too, she must be confronted or we will all keep going down the tyrannical totalitarian tube.

As for you all, it's truly shocking that you can't seem to see the danger in a hysterical world-wide hate movement that is silencing free speech (remember our recent and very coddled UCSB 'terrorist'-attacking feminist porn professor or your stupid shame games), that is lying about everything under the moon, that is castrating and emasculating males worldwide, and that is systematically raping male rights, resources, and responses. You can take some small comfort in the fact that you have lots of company but that's no compliment to you as open-minded or wise male animals. To know that you'd are so blaze about your very OWN human rights is understandable given the biological nature of male disposability but that's no excuse for foolishness once you've been given plenty of chances to open your eyes about 'gendered' tyranny.

Now thank goodness 'the boy' got his hobo shoes back. Starshine should have never taken them in the first place because they were HIS shoes to keep or two toss but that's SOP given how mother's micro-manage when fathers are AWOL. Happily she did come to her senses on this one, however. Now let's hope she replaces her feminist rudder with reason, or turns over the Roshell tiller to her husband so he can steer his Roshell ship away from her Roshell rocks.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 5, 2014 at 9:29 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Speaking of hoarding, if anybody needs analog stereo and video equipment, cables and plugs- hit me up.

August 5, 2014 at 9:43 a.m. (Suggest removal)

hey, along with BC, what good company: "Volok, Dr D, Greenspan" -- thanks Sealion.

August 5, 2014 at 10:30 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Here's what it all comes down to Sealion: We're all flawed human beings with our lives of quiet desperation, mitigated by those things which bring us peace of mind. Starshine isn't perfect, I've had head clashes with her in the past, but we've always fought cleanly and kept it a fair fight. She's traveling through this life like anyone else, like you, like Ken, like myself, and it's curious that since the issue comes down to sexuality, Dan is a long-time (about 45 years) happily married man, Ken was happily in a relationship with his partner George, until George's death last year, and no doubt Ken is dealing with the one-year anniversary nightmare of George's death--hang in there Ken--I went through it with losing my parents--with whom I was very close--and myself, a heterosexual single male admittedly worn down by life to the point where I'm so much in survival mode that I almost never think about the opposite sex in a desirous way.

Yep, we've all had our tragedies, and high points. Starshine is simply sharing her observations, warts and all, with us, a cyber-version of the 1970's encounter group school of psychology, and we're all participants in this game.

As I've said before, I'm no fan of politicized feminism--which I put on the same level of hypocrisy as Al Sharpton, and the "La Raza" mentality--apostate forms of civil rights. The reality is, all of us have suffered some form of racism or sexism, and we can choose to let it consume us, or deal with it by pointing it out, and not getting upset at what others think of us.

Soon enough we'll be pushing up the daisies, and in the words of George Harrison "Nothing in this life that I've been trying, can equal or surpass the art of dying". Better to raise your spiritual game and not sweat the small stuff.

August 6, 2014 at 4:51 a.m. (Suggest removal)

"Better to raise your spiritual game and not sweat the small stuff."

So the spiritual, psychological, social, sexual murder, and even physical murder of men and boys (and women and girls) by a hysterical worldwide hate movement is the small stuff, I suppose? You are a fairly wise guy who generally considers things holistically but your obliviousness and the oblivious of the other men who have quietly allowed feminism to come to pass in the first place is shocking to me. Younger men are supposed to be able to look up to wise old men like you, but that's well nigh impossible if you duck serious threats to their very survival as masculine male animals...threats of which mainstream feminism is only the most obvious.

"Starshine is simply sharing her observations, warts and all, with us."

Yes indeed. But the huge wart which sits on the end of her nose is POLITICAL in nature, is shared worldwide by the rest of the members of her bigoted movement, and is even shared by the traitorous alpha males in the Oval Office who purport to speak for us all. Since she is still proudly defiant about backing her hysterical hate movement, notwithstanding tons of solid evidence for why feminism is fascist foolishness, I have been happy to attack her for her position on THAT...given that she is using her public platform to dissimilate said sexist hatred. I do hope you'd do the same were any other kind of Klansman (or in this case Klanswoman) to dare to spread sickening hatred wholesale in this putative 'peace and love' town.

It's the silence of what Christina Hoff Sommers calls the 'fainthearted men in academe' that has allowed feminists to establish feminist klans (or their female equivalent) inside most of our public universities. That same silence has allowed our lame stream faux-liberal mass media to be almost totally taken over by these totalitarian tyrants as well. Now, we have a government headed by hysterical hacks like Hannah Beth Jackson which is busy creeping into our bedrooms to enforce fascist feminist dogma, is destroying families wholesale, is raping the basic human rights of males with no end in sight, is silencing free speech, is ending due process, and is enforcing unequal treatment under the law....across the whole of the Western world. If these evil Utopians get their way, they will pull in the rest of the less 'enlightened' world as well.

Where does this stop? Is ANY prominent man in SB (and I'm NOT talking 'The Palm' here) willing to stand for simple human decency in a town totally pickled in fascist feminist foolishness. What about ANY prominent woman?

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 12:05 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"hey, along with BC, what good company: "Volok, Dr D, Greenspan" -- thanks Sealion"

This a shame game, Dr. D?

SL

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 12:17 p.m. (Suggest removal)

BC: Below is a wise old woman who did/does courageously sweat the small stuff. She suffered death threats from Starshine's favorite fiends for talking truth to totalitarian power. It's this kind of wisdom that earns elders enormous respect but which seems to be mostly extinct now in the PoMo world we live in.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 1:25 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion, I have told you to stop chasing after humans and return to you fellow sea creatures. Do you know that ships are killing whales in the Santa Barbara channel? Do you not care but one iota about this? You don't need women, they are full of heartache and disease, just like their male counterparts. Oceans make up 70% of the earths surface, so why do U obsess with a mere one third which soon enough, will become even less as the oceans rise?

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 6:05 p.m. (Suggest removal)

That's probably good advice dp14. I do care a lot about them thar whales too. Fortunately, it looks like our funny two legged land animals have decided to slow down their monstrous artificial islands so as not to kill as many of our big cousins in the Channel. Gives one hope that them two legged animals ARE indeed capable of conscience. I imagine someday soon we'll see two legged FEMINIST animals, including the various and sundry male flunkies here, show some conscience too. But first, they've got to to shown just how dangerous their big bloated ideological boat is. And that obviously ain't easy.

That said, we male sealions do need good women and good women need us. Every time I pop my head up for a look near the beach its quite obvious that the feelings are mutual. I also remember that inside every boring, banal, and ugly gender is beautiful woman...although given their behavior its sometimes hard to remember that truth.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 9:42 p.m. (Suggest removal)

That should be "inside every boring, banal, and ugly gender BIGOT (feminist) is..."

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 9:46 p.m. (Suggest removal)

will you be fair, Sealion, & accept there there are also plenty of "ugly gender BIGOTs" (male )" ?? Women today get about 80% of their male counterparts in equal-work situations... paternalism ain't dead. Of course there are some "feminazis" as you call them (an ugly term in itself), but why generalize that issue as "all women"? Hardly fair, dude.
Listen to Clausen above when he writes "Starshine isn't perfect, I've had head clashes with her in the past, but we've always fought cleanly and kept it a fair fight. She's traveling through this life like anyone else, like you, like Ken, like myself, and it's curious that since the issue comes down to sexuality, Dan is a long-time (about 45 years) happily married man, Ken was happily in a relationship with his partner George..." Why just hammer one gender all the time??

DavyBrown (anonymous profile)
August 6, 2014 at 11:22 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Will you be fair to me, Davy? I'm no more of a fan of ABUSIVE paternalism than I am of ABUSIVE maternalism. The gender pay gap is just one more big feminist lie which has been repeated so often from so high that even you buy it. Feminazi is an ugly term for accurately describing genuinely ugly women but NO ONE but you is generalizing all women as feminazi's. The issue isn't primarily one of sexuality. It's one of totalitarian 'gendered' politics. I'm hammering on a tiny but disproportionally powerful fringe group of brainwashed fascist bigots (which sadly contains alpha male feminazis too) which has subjugated the public dialogue about sex and gender, which is tyrannical to the core, and which has no equivalent counterpart on the other side (and that includes on the side of Rush and his gang of hard core right wing nut cases). Now please go listen to GirlWritesWhat, Erin Pizzey or any other intelligent anti-feminist or MHRM speaker on theses topics so that you can stop with the chivalry for hate mongering anti-male fascists already. It's long past time for men to wake the flock up, to check to see if they still have intact balls, and to gird for battle against a very fiendish foe. Otherwise, we as a male sex will remain disposable objects for entitled indispensables (most women thanks to human sexual biology) and for very very vile female political predators (thanks to false feminist 'gendered' sociology).

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 9:22 a.m. (Suggest removal)

For the brainwashed boys and girls who don't get it here's a very recent story which shows the whole thing in technicolor: http://www.avoiceformen.com/gynocentr...

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 9:42 a.m. (Suggest removal)

sorry Sealion, your statement is ridiculous: "so that you can stop with the chivalry for hate mongering anti-male fascists already." I don't need "to gird for battle against a very fiendish foe" -- no fear here, brother. See a therapist, please

DavyBrown (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 9:52 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Davy dear, there is no hope for your kind. You are the most tedious of traitors to your brothers. Bigoted Barack and his scapegoating VAWomanA boy Joe would be proud of you. Now stop with the stupid feminist shame games already. They just make you look as idiotic as you are ignorant.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 7:39 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"Davy dear" Hmm. I'll bet Dr.Dan wouldn't be so easy on you, Sealion.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 7:59 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I guess we're hoarding insults on this thread.

August 7, 2014 at 8 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Elliot Rodgers had a narcissistic personality disorder.
Sealion is a misogynist.
There's a big difference.

14noscams (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 8:35 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Dr. D has got to have something hard to offer before he'll be hard on anyone. Volok would do well to hoard some knowledge and intelligence so he can offer more than sarcastic snark or the usual progressive pap. Sad to see how far down the rabbit hole modern man has fallen.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 8:37 p.m. (Suggest removal)

14allscam-That stupid feminist shame game belongs to your colleagues above. Its not nice to steal without crediting your betters. Its also not nice to parrot pigheaded nonsense as you pile on.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 8:46 p.m. (Suggest removal)

can't refuse this offer; as a real man, married so long, yeah Sealion I've "got to have something hard to offer before he'll [I'll] be hard on anyone" and being HARD...well, guess at other moments one has to hoard the hardness in order to satisfy anyone socially as well as psychologically (& even sexually, nicht Wahr?).
But seriously, dp14 has given you terrific advice: "to stop chasing after humans" esp such focus on one gender... Look at me, I'm enraged at the Hamas LEADERS and the Israeli LEADERS for bringing their people, esp. WOMEN and children, into such hell and death... these leaders are all male, dude. I think Davy Brown went easy on you. Why do you have so much FEAR, which obviously underlies your easy-to-spot hatred?? Davy is correct, consider a therapist. You have consigned most of one gender into a "I hate them position" -- the point is that this atittitude is horrible for you, as well as plainly irrational.

August 7, 2014 at 9:08 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Same ole same ole Dr. D. You were tiresome a long time ago. Now you are merely boring.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 7, 2014 at 11:52 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Starshine, starfish,
Sealion, Garfish,
DavyBrown, backing down,
miscreants blogging, all around.

Herschel Greenspan, thinks Bill had been had,
Dr.Dan, finds this rather sad.
Our friend Ken, holding back,
but then again, he might attack.

Dr.Dan, though very old,
unlike Davy, is very bold.
Starshine writes,
and watches the fights,
that these summer nights,
continue to unfold.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 3:05 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Hey, I never backed down from man nor WOMAN, which oughta make Sealion proud.

DavyBrown (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 4:03 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Starfish, garfish, and Dr. D bold, dp14???

Davy dear...you've already BEEN owned/downed by Starshine's kind of woman, but you still don't know it and you'll never know it, short of some direct suffering from her huge gang of hysterical Gender Bigots, because you don't care to know what you don't know you don't know. Fortunately, however, thanks to the creepy and creeping nature of her hysterical worldwide hate movement, you'll probably get some good opportunities to a least taste the totalitarian poison in your life time. Here's an unusually courageous man who, like you, was a believer before he got endless doses of very very bitter medicine from your favorite fascist fiends: http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/12/08/... He is a very very rare specimen of manhood today since he not only didn't back down or cave in but took to the offense. I think his kind are examples of the one in a million men with spine of whom Uncle Henry David spoke in Walden. Vanishingly rare men like him give one hope in Barrack and Biden's cynical and poisonously dishonest 'progressive' age.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 9:22 a.m. (Suggest removal)

enough of your whining and slimy sh!t, Sealion, grow up and STFU. Obviously, you're OWNED by some women and all you can do is whine on these threads.

DavyBrown (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 9:41 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Speaking of being "owned" by women.

loonpt (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 10:37 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Davy Dear, there isn't any reason to lose your temper, become the slimy sh8t you falsely accuse me of being, or to behave like some infantile White Knight whose empty hand has been called. Daddy Justice and his 'whining' kind are mountainous men who make you look like a mere tadpole swimming around in your favorite Estrogen Sewer (fed by the feminist toilet of course). Go CRACK a book. It'll help a lot with your tendentious temper tantrums.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 11:22 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Loonpt: Thanks for the link. You can be sure that the huge number of women who force their partners to pay child support but who refuse to obey court orders to share custody with the paid up fathers are NEVER threatened with going to jail or with losing THEIR drivers license. The child protective service racket is simply another arm of the fascist feminist beast...and the cravenly cowardly news media never dares confront the double standards therein.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 11:28 a.m. (Suggest removal)

@Sealion: "Daddy Justice and his 'whining' kind are mountainous men who make you look like a mere tadpole swimming around in your favorite Estrogen Sewer (fed by the feminist toilet of course). "

Dude, Estrogen Sewer is, like, totally my favorite riot girl rock band. I have all of their albums.

BTW - even for the internet, you're bringing way too much stupid. It's just stupid post after stupid post. And I don't know if you know this, but everyone can read your stupid posts and is judging you accordingly - because, you know, of all of the stupid, which really is a 'wow' amount of stupid. That's what you bring to the internet - a 'wow' amount of stupid.

In fact, if you had a wife or a girlfriend, she'd be forced to wear an 'I'm with the wow amount of stupid' t-shirt. Or at least, she should be forced to wear it, just to warn everyone of the stupid you bring. It's only fair.

EatTheRich (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 12:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Today we're hoarding resentments.

August 8, 2014 at 12:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Davy Brown is getting mad,
Sealion now has been had,
if I were Sealion, I'd back down,
having unleashed the anger of Davy Brown.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 2:55 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Of the sealion it is written "observed along the beach at 10-15 m (33-49 ft.) intervals.
Males establish territories by incessant barking, chest-to-chest pushing, grappling, and biting. Fights may result in injury, but are rarely fatal."

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 3:01 p.m. (Suggest removal)

EatTheRich-You wouldn't know stupid if it jumped up and bit you on the nose. Let's hope you are no one's girlfriend or wife.
That's also probably why you have all those ES albums.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 3:09 p.m. (Suggest removal)

There are no male sea lions other than me in this muddy little backwater, dp. Gotta wonder how you manage given how shallow the water is too. As for fights, heaven forbid.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 3:17 p.m. (Suggest removal)

But Sealion, the shark is our mutual enemy. We have to BACK EACH OTHER.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 6:42 p.m. (Suggest removal)

@Sealion: "You wouldn't know stupid if it jumped up and bit you on the nose."

Dude! A stupid "sealion" once tried to bite me on the nose!

Was that stupid *you* attempting to infect me with your stupid!!?!

Nice try! But I'm too wise for you and your stupid! (In many ways, apparently, given that you are so, so stupid.)

EatTheRich (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 8:55 p.m. (Suggest removal)

dp-back away.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 9:15 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Vanishingly rare: a fine female judge, fine female justice, and a fine female Starshine: http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog...

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 8, 2014 at 9:23 p.m. (Suggest removal)

dp-back away.

August 8, 2014 at 9:15 p.m

OK, I will, but if you want me to jump in and help you, you know where to find me.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 9, 2014 at 2:36 a.m. (Suggest removal)

"PoorTheEater-nuff already. You've been bitten so many times on the nose by so many kinds of stupid that you probably lost your nose ages ago. In any case, we sea lions don't bother biting noses since we ain't stupid, since stupid tastes terrible, and since snotty kid cartilage a bad breakfast makes.

dp-back away."

August 8, 2014 at 9:15 p.m

I am NOT getting into the middle of this.

August 9, 2014 at 2:46 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealions, cannibals, and dolphins...no, I'm staying out of this.

August 9, 2014 at 2:47 a.m. (Suggest removal)

so am I, BC, swimming with dolphins is bad enough!

August 9, 2014 at 6:24 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Looks like young women of color are able and willing to trump old colorless men in terms of backing me: http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-... Ironic dontcha think, BC, Dr.D, and Mista V?

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 9, 2014 at 2:43 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion: In addition to the dolphins backing you, (and I hear some of them are young females) I've always said that I'm no fan of organized feminism, but I don't spend any more time thinking about them than I have to, just like I don't waste time thinking about Al Sharpton, Rush Limbaugh, Sonia Sotamayor, or anyone else I find unpleasant. You on the other hand, obsess about feminism.

If I were inclined to be nasty--like some of the bloggers you've gone head-to-head with, I'd tell you to "jump in the lake", but since I don't give vent to such nastiness, I won't, and furthermore, since you're a salt-water creature, that would be foolish of me anyone.

August 9, 2014 at 2:59 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"Anyhow".

August 9, 2014 at 3:06 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sealion, as I sit here, cogitating over whether the singer fits your category of gender bigot, I nonetheless entreat you, as well as the feminized men such as bc, Dr.D, mistir V, and others, to take a gander, and a listen to this 1982 classic.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 9, 2014 at 3:33 p.m. (Suggest removal)

A "gander" or even "a gender". Take a gender, or assign yourself a gender.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 9, 2014 at 3:34 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I guess this would be the opposite of the first one

On which side do you guys stand?

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 9, 2014 at 3:45 p.m. (Suggest removal)

And more, for your entertainment

I will sign off now, and wait for my medication to take effect.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
August 9, 2014 at 3:50 p.m. (Suggest removal)

BC-Starshine's (mainstream) feminism is a vile, vicious, but very clever attack on the very core of male/masculine identity. Since men cannot sell sex as women commonly do for survival and therefore must depend solely on their identities to survive, feminism is very very dangerous to men and boys. When wise ole men abandon other men and boys to anti-male facsism instituted at the highest levels and spread by brainwashed local gender bigots, men and boys have no chance and said elders can hardly be called men.

Fortunately, younger men are beginning to wake the flock up but that obviously that's no thanks the old men in this here town. When I have to waste so much time on showing old men what is patently obvious to anyone with library or internet access, its easy to become tarred as 'obsessive'. That said, I find the Syrian, the Iraqi, the Congolese, and the Ukrainian situations far more directly dangerous than even Starshine's underhanded hate movement.

Sealion (anonymous profile)
August 10, 2014 at 6 p.m. (Suggest removal)

So...I guess Sealion got banned?

equus_posteriori (anonymous profile)
August 28, 2014 at 10:18 a.m. (Suggest removal)