The City of Goleta completed its sidewalk improvement project along the west side of Patterson Avenue between Debbie Street and Hollister Avenue. New sidewalks, driveways, curb and gutter of approximately 750 linear feet were installed.
Patterson Avenue connects with two busy intersections at Hollister Avenue and at the 101 interchange. Pedestrians walking this section of Patterson Avenue had a tendency to walk in the street due to a gap in the sidewalk at this location. The new sidewalk infill will improve pedestrian safety.
The contractor was DPM Construction and the Construction Management Firm was MNS Construction.
The project was funded by a $50,000 grant award to the City of Goleta through the Measure A Alternative Transportation Grant Program, $50,000 from State and Local Partnership Program (SLPP) funds, and Measure A Local Funds. The City is pleased to have completed another public improvement on time and on budget.
More like this story
- Sidewalk Project on Patterson Avenue Started
- Construction Begins January 16 for Pedestrian Improvements on Cathedral Oaks Road at Santa Marguerita Drive
- Santa Marguerita/Cathedral Oaks Project Completion Celebration Scheduled for Wednesday, March 12 at 10:30 am
- Pedaling Safely in Our Communities
- Construction of the Cold-In-Place Recycle on Hollister Avenue In the Second Supervisorial District, To Begin April 2014