WEATHER »
Firefighters woke residents Tuesday night at a Summit Lane home that was consumed in smoke.

SBFD

Firefighters woke residents Tuesday night at a Summit Lane home that was consumed in smoke.


Firefighters Rouse Residents from Fiery Home


City firefighters woke residents Tuesday night at a home on the 100 block of Summit Lane after discovering smoke coming from its eaves. City Fire Engine 2 responded at approximately 10:27 p.m. to reports of smoke in the area. Additional city firefighters and firefighters from Montecito’s fire district arrived on scene to help extinguish the flames, which city fire engineer and spokesperson Rich Griguoli said, “is believed to have started in the sub-floor adjacent to a fireplace.”

No one was injured, as the Engine 2 crew alerted sleeping residents before they came to harm. Griguoli said the home, which endured about $20,000 in damages, had no working smoke alarm. The City Fire Department reminds community members that functioning smoke alarms can save lives.

To submit a comment on this article, email letters@independent.com or visit our Facebook page. To submit information to a reporter, email tips@independent.com.



Be succinct, constructive, and relevant to the story. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Discussion Guidelines. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.

comments powered by Disqus
event calendar sponsored by:

Pini Property Fights Continue

As an epic attorney battle continues in the Dario Pini receivership, a tenant is getting fed up.

MTD Takes Stand Against Prop. 6

The bus company is concerned about the state funding it relies upon.

County Half-Jokes It Wants Cannabis ‘World Domination’

A government executive implores growers to get legal before time runs out.

Oversized Vehicle Parking Ban Extended

New rule affects Isla Vista, Vandenberg Village, and Butterfly Beach.

Alvarado Endorsed by Capps, Lurie for School Board

He's running against seven other people for two open seats.