Santa Maria Man Arrested for Indecent Exposure in Orcutt

Nathan Taylor, 32, Reportedly Masturbated in Front of Juvenile

Santa Maria resident Nathan Taylor, 32, was arrested in Orcutt Friday evening for allegedly masturbating in front of a juvenile. Around 6 p.m., authorities responded to a report of indecent exposure on the 3700 block of Orcutt Road; they identified Taylor as the suspect, according to a Sheriff’s Office press release. Taylor was booked into County Jail for indecent exposure.

In February, Taylor was arrested for the same crime at Santa Maria’s YMCA at 3400 Skyway Drive. In October 2015, he was “a person of interest for a similar incident at Orcutt Community Park” located at 5800 South Bradley Road, read the Sheriff’s Office release. Authorities say the case will be sent to the District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.

Authorities believe more people may have had similar encounters with Taylor and ask anyone with information to call the Santa Maria Sheriff’s Substation at (805) 934-6150 or call anonymously to (805) 681-4171.

To submit a comment on this article, email or visit our Facebook page. To submit information to a reporter, email

Be succinct, constructive, and relevant to the story. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Discussion Guidelines. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.

comments powered by Disqus
event calendar sponsored by:

Mandatory Evacuation Called for Fire Zones in Santa Barbara County

Heavy rains expected Tuesday-Thursday; debris flows feared.

Cannabis Farmer Gets over $1 Million Insurance Payout

Thomas Fire ash destroys crop; analysis finds asbestos, lead, arsenic, and magnesium.

Next Debris Flow Could Take Different, Unknown Path

"I've never seen this degree of hazard," says Cal Fire scientist.

Biggest Storm Since 1/9 Approaching Santa Barbara

The storm system brings increased threat of flash floods and debris flows.

Jack Johnson Tours Montecito Disaster Area Ahead of Benefit Concert

Jack and Kim Johnson met with Bucket Brigade leaders to see the destruction firsthand.