A fluffy and friendly Keeshond therapy dog named Lokee and his owner Larry Reiche are now meeting passengers coming and going at the Santa Barbara Airport. The pair has been volunteering since March. Lokee, 5, is a Grand Champion show dog, and was certified by the American Kettle Club in 2014 as a Certified Therapy Dog. Since then, he and Reiche have made regular visits to Hospice, Cottage Hospital, Casa Dorinda, and several nursing homes. In February, they contacted the airport to volunteer their services. “The Airport would like to thank both Mr. Reiche and Lokee for their volunteer service to the community and applauds their willingness to share their time with people from around the world,” said airport spokesperson Lynn Houston. Visit Lokee’s Facebook page here.
More like this story
- Hospice of Santa Barbara Presents Heroes of Hospice Awards
- Cottage Hospital Awards 3 Scholarships Totaling $9,000
- Hospice of Santa Barbara Seeks Complimentary Therapy Volunteers
- Dana VanderMey, Director of Volunteer Services, Retires from Hospice of Santa Barbara
- Culinary Sensation Jamie West joins Casa Dorinda