Santa Barbara Women's Club
670 Mission Canyon Rd.,
Santa Barbara, CA
The Santa Barbara Woman’s Club was founded in 1892 for the purpose of enriching the cultural, civic, and social interests of its members. Meetings were held in downtown Santa Barbara, but as the Club's popularity grew, the membership soon outgrew the location.
In 1927, the current property in Mission Canyon was purchased. Originally the home of the Rockwood Inn, the property hosted a secluded hotel until a fire broke out, destroying the original building. Our organization purchased the three acre property and hired a local architectural firm to design a new Clubhouse. The building was named “Rockwood.”
“Rockwood” has a beautiful Spanish Colonial Revival style complete with stucco walls, open beams, and a red tile roof. Many of our guests comment that our Clubhouse has a wonderful Santa Barbara look and feeling.
Our members continue to meet. The Santa Barbara Woman’s Club is now a social organization that meets regularly, offering our members luncheon and afternoon teas that include speakers and entertainment, as well as book clubs, bridge, Mah Jongg, yoga, and other activities.
Wheelchair Accessible: ADA-compliant,
Smoking Area: No
Links and Reviews