The Santa Barbara Airport Welcomes Airline Passengers from All Over the Region this Thanksgiving Season
SANTA BARBARA, CA – November 23, 2015
The Santa Barbara Airport, (SBA) gateway to the American Riviera, welcomes airline passengers from all over the region this Thanksgiving season. Airport officials are suggesting that passengers arrive early in order to make their holiday travel an easy one. Alaska, American and United Airlines report that flights will depart 90-95% full for Wednesday, November 25th and Sunday, November 29th.
“We want everyone to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday from the moment they arrive at the Airport, and having a little extra time may be the key,” said Hazel Johns, Airport Director. “Passengers can go to FlySBA.com for up to date flight information or of course, call their airline should weather become a factor.”
According to Airlines for America, 25.3 million passengers are expected to flock to the nation’s airports over the next 12 days. Sunday, November 29th is expected to be the busiest travel day as 2.68 million travelers will take to the skies. This increased number of travelers is expected to remain through the first week in December according to the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA).
TSA has issued these travel tips to make the checkpoint experience go smoothly:
· Arrive early to the airport to allow enough time to park, get your boarding pass, check your luggage and go through the checkpoint.
· Food items such as pies and cakes are permitted but may require further inspection.
· Consider using a gift bag instead of traditional wrapping paper to simplify the screening process of gifts.
· Travelers who have medical conditions or disabilities and want to get a better understanding of how best to prepare for the checkpoint process can call the TSA Cares toll-free helpline in advance of their trip at 1-855-787-2227
· For further information go to the TSA website or send a message via Twitter to @AskTSA.
PARKING: There is plenty of convenient parking within a short distance of the Airline Terminal.
Short Term Parking Lot: 500 Fowler Road, directly across from the Terminal entrance, is a convenient option for those dropping off or picking up passengers. Those who travel for short durations may also wish to consider this parking option at $20 day - $2 first hour | $1 each additional. Long Term Parking Lot 1: 500 Fowler Road, located adjacent to the Terminal, is but a short walk to ticketing. The rates are $12 day | $2 first hour | $1 each additional.
Cell Phone Lots: For those picking up passengers who do not wish to park, please use our Cell Phone lot at the WWII Memorial, off James Fowler Road.
Due to the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) security regulations in place since September 11, 2001, vehicles are not permitted to park at the Airline Terminal curb unless active loading or unloading is taking place.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Santa Barbara Airport!
Santa Barbara Airport is a self-supporting enterprise owned and operated by the City Santa Barbara and serves over 640,000 passengers annually.
Santa Barbara Airport – Easy Come, Easy Go!